Monday, March 5, 2012

Feelin' This

The human body fascinates me in the way it responds to certain things.

There's the bad things that make your body respond. Every time I see a cop in my rear view mirror, I swear I stop breathing. When I hear the word "Shackleton" my face automatically gets a disgusted look. Hearing the sound of thunder gives me goosebumps.

And then there's the good stuff. A single glance from someone, and all of a sudden your heart is beating like the wings of a hummingbird. A simple touch on your forearm and you can practically hear blood pulsing through your veins. Or the feel of someones lips on yours raises your temperature about ten degrees.

But the thing I like the most is when that person looks me in the eyes before softly kissing me. The entire world pauses, almost like everyone in the universe is holding their breath so the moment isn't ruined.

I find myself smiling more and more lately.

This is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment